Cameron has over 25 years of experience in finance and administration. In 2002 he was appointed as finance director for Sensis, Australia’s leading business and classifieds directory.
In 2007 he made the jump from that multi-billion dollar corporation to a young and growing tech start-up called Carsales.
In 2014 he was appointed chief operating officer and then in 2017, he stepped in as the CEO of Carsales.
Today Carsales is one of Australias most admired brands. With a market capitalisation of around 3 billion dollars, it now employs over 1200 people globally.
Cameron continues to drive and inspire innovation within the company as well as implementing contemporary programs to attract and retain top talent. Carsales recently won an award for their image-based Artificial Intelligence technology called Cyclops.
- Cameron’s backstory [1:30]
- Moving from a large corporate to a start-up [3:10]
- Growing from a start-up to a large enterprise and entering new markets [5:02]
- Working with the international businesses of Carsales [7:14]
- Cyclops AI and working with data [9:00]
- Using data within the company to personalise user experience [12:04]
- The automotive market, trends and the future [14:50]
- The future of consumer interaction [17:22]
- Consumer behaviour [18:51]
- Cameron’s favourite car! [20:16]
- Carsales key change factors [20:59]
- Hiring and keeping great talent [22:06]
- Becoming a listed company (public unlisted company) [26:48]
- The recent acquisition of SKN Car [28:31]
- The Korean and Chinese car markets [30:35]
- Cameron’s personal strategies for success [32:06]
Cameron’s Book Recommendations:
Contact Cameron: LinkedIn Profile