Dr Perugini has been in the field of Artificial Intelligence for over 20 years.
It was as a research scientist for the Department of Defence where he identified that AI could be used commercially to solve real-world problems.
In 2007 He formed his first AI company, gaining rapid growth and global attention, within 8 short years it was successfully acquired by Ernst and Young.
In 2017 he formed his next AI venture where he and his partners would set themselves on a mission to improve the fertility rates of IVF patients.
Today Dr Perugini is the co-founder of both Life Whisperer and Presagen, leveraging Artificial Intelligence to improve patient outcomes and help create a healthier world for all.
- Dr Perugini’s backstory, the EY acquisition & starting Life whisperer [1:38]
- Presagen – an AI platform for image-based medical diagnostics [4:20]
- The IVF process explained and how AI can improve the embryo selection process [5:14]
- AI in the decision-making process [6:51]
- Using AI to non-invasively detect Down-Syndrome in the IVF process [7:36]
- The effects AI will have on the training of embryologists [8:58]
- The challenges of AI adoption within the medical field [9:50]
- Using image-based AI for other applications and markets [12:43]
- Processing the data, deep learning and computer vision explained. Data privacy within the medial industry [15:54]
- Deep learning explained [19:25]
- The ethics of AI, making autonomous decisions, transparency of the techniques and trusting the machine [20:49]
- The importance of proof points in advanced technologies [23:16]
- The jobs that will be created as a result of this AI disruption. The flow on effects [24:00]
- How Watson has helped advance the progress of AI in the medical [25:16]
- Joint venturing with medical institutes to get market penetration. How Presagen works with their partners and the importance of being a global player [27:18]
- Managing innovation within the organisation, investing in your team, experimenting & managing failure [30:53]
- How to Retain talented people within the team, hiring for high tech jobs such as AI and data science, the challenges and strategy [33:20]
- Don’s personal strategies for success and what inspires him [35:47]